HelpHub was established at the start of the Coronavirus pandemic with the aim of easing the detrimental mental health impact of the pandemic. Through qualified volunteer psychotherapists and counsellors, free online emotional support sessions were offered to adults throughout the UK. Feedback from those who have used the service has been overwhelmingly positive and HelpHub has received recognition for its achievements including a Points of Light award from the Prime Minister for outstanding individual volunteers who are making a change in their community and ITV’s One Million Minutes Frontline Hero award.
As the pandemic crisis eases in the UK, HelpHub’s mission for the future is to use the same successful model to provide professional mental health support to people who cannot access help because of long NHS waiting lists or because they cannot afford private therapy. The catchment area will focus on Oxfordshire and the remit is expanding to include children and young people aged 11-18 as well as adults.
To date HelpHub has been managed by a small group of volunteer Trustees. The Trustees are now seeking an experienced Programme Manager to work closely with them to develop the remit of the organisation and to manage the day-to-day operations as well as implementing new projects. The ideal candidate will combine proven programme management skills, energy and initiative with a strong commitment to ensure people who are struggling with their mental health receive the help they need. This is a one-year part-time contract but with potential for it to continue and expand in future as the organisation evolves.
Scope of role
This is a new and exciting role with a high degree of autonomy, requiring the successful candidate to work imaginatively and on his or her own initiative.
The Programme Manager will manage all aspects of the HelpHub programme of work. This includes an existing programme supporting adults in Oxfordshire and a new initiative to support children and young people in West Oxfordshire. The Programme Manager will also work with the Trustees to develop new projects, secure funding within the overall strategy of the organisation, and report on impact.
- Working closely with the Trustees, assist in the development of HelpHub’s strategy
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of programme initiatives, ensuring goals are met
- Develop and implement assessment protocols to monitor impact
- Maintain organisational standards of professionalism, quality and satisfaction
- Manage the recruitment and support of volunteer therapists
- Ensure the efficient functioning of HelpHub’s online platforms for clients and therapists
- Ensure effective marketing of services to ensure services reach target clientele
- Manage project budgets
- Manage fundraising initiatives to ensure activities are funded
- Produce programme reports for Trustees and stakeholders.
Qualifications and skills
- At least 5 years’ experience in programme and/or project management roles
- Strong organisational skills
- Good understanding of monitoring and evaluation processes and experience using them to improve services and programmes
- Working knowledge of social media and digital marketing
- Proven proposal and report writing experience
- Able to represent the organisation and advocate for its values and work.
Contract: 12 months fixed term
Hours: 20 hours a week
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 pro rata, according to experience
Location: based in Oxfordshire, working from home
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put PROGRAMME MANAGER in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 16th May 2021. If you have not heard from us by 24th May, we are sorry that your application has not been successful.